The FOIA Officer for the Wilmington Public Library District is Maria Meachum.
1. A brief description of our public body is as follows:
A. Our purpose is to provide materials and services for the recreational, social, informational, and educational needs of the community.
B. An organizational chart is attached.
C. The total amount of our operating budget for FY 2017 is $646,000.00. Funding sources are property and personal property replacement taxes, state and federal grants, fines, charges, and donations. Tax levies for FY17 include the following:
1. Audit (for annual audit and related expenses) $3,000
2. Building and Maintenance (for maintaining the building) $40,833
3. General (for general operating expenditures) $517,667
4. IMRF (provides for employees’ retirement and related expenses) $41,000
5. Insurance/ Liability (for insurance premiums, risk management-related expenses, and unemployment and worker’s compensation insurance) $12,500
6. Social Security (provides for employees’ FICA costs and related expenses) $31,000
7. Special Reserve (no longer levied)
8. Working Cash (no longer levied)
D. The office is located at 201 South Kankakee Street, Wilmington, IL 60481.
E. We have the following number of personnel authorized for employment:
1. Full time 6
2. Part time 12 to 13
F. The following organization exercises control over our policies and procedures: The Wilmington Public Library District Board of Trustees, which meets monthly on the third Monday of each month, at 7:00 P.M., at the library. The board does not meet in the month of December.
Its member are: Mary Smith, President; Diana Zolecki-Browning, Vice President; Rebecca Quigley, Secretary; Pamela Clennon, Treasurer; Carrie Rezabek, Trustee; Christine Reigh, Trustee; Mary Fitzsimmons, Trustee.
G. The following organization operates in an advisory capacity regarding our operation: Reaching Across Illinois Library System.
H. We are required to report and to be answerable for our operations to: Illinois State Library, Springfield, Illinois. Its members are State Librarian (Secretary of State), Director of State Library, and various other staff.
2. You may request the information and the records available to the public in the following manner:
A. Use request form. (See attached).
B. Your request should be directed to the following individual: Library Director Maria Meachum, 201 S Kankakee St, Wilmington IL 60481.
C. You must specify the records requested to be disclosed for inspection or to be copied. If you desire that any records be certified, you must specify which ones.
D. Fees to reimburse Wilmington Public Library District for actual costs to reproduce and, if requested, certify the records, will be charged as follows:
– First 50 copies are free
– .15 per page thereafter
– 1.00 per page for certification of records
E. The office will respond to a written request within five (5) working days. An extension of an additional five (5) working days, as allowed by statute, may be necessary to properly respond.
F. Records may be inspected or copied. If inspected, an employee must be present throughout the inspection.
G. You may appeal the decision of The Board of Library Trustees to the Circuit Court of Will County.
H. The times and places where the records will be available are as follows:
Monday through Friday 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Wilmington Public Library District, Administrative Office
3. Certain types of information maintained by the Library District are exempt from inspection and copying pursuant to statute. However, the following types or categories of records are maintained under our control:
A. Monthly Financial Statements
B. Annual Receipts and Disbursements Reports
C. Budget and Appropriation Ordinances
D. Levy Ordinances
E. Operating Budget
F. Annual Audits
G. Minutes of the Board of Trustees
H. Library Policies, including Materials Selection
I. Annual Reports to the Illinois State Library
4. Total Compensation Package Disclosure (Public Act 97-609; 5 ILCS 120/7.3):
Wages and benefits for Wilmington Public Library District employees earning $75,000 or more in total compensation, as defined by the Illinois Open Meetings Act, are posted here annually in compliance with the Open Meetings Act as amended in 2012. 3
1. Employees earning $75,000 or more in wages and benefits for FY 2014: None
2. Employees earning $150,000 or more in wages and benefits for FY 2014: None
Download the Freedom of Information Request Form.
Download the Organizational Chart.
Adopted this day 07/21/97
Amended 03/16/98, 11/16/98, 09/20/99, 06/19/00, 07/16/01, 03/18/02, 04/21/03, 03/21/05, 11/21/05, 8/21/06, 3/15/10, 4/16/12, 3/18/13, 3/17/14, 5/18/15, 9/19/16,11/20/17